Our comprehensive Cardiac Rehabilitation program contains specific core components. These components optimize cardiovascular risk reduction, reduce disability, encourage active and healthy lifestyle changes, and help maintain those healthy habits after rehabilitation is complete. Our Cardiac rehabilitation program is focused on:
- Weight management
- Blood pressure management
- Lipid management
- Diabetes management
- Tobacco cessation
- Physical activity counseling
- Exercise training
Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Cardiac rehabilitation program in the hospital is to help people who have cardiac conditions. It is designed to improve heart recovery, improve your ability to function, and prepare you for future daily activities. It is overseen by a healthcare provider. People in this program may have had a heart attack or heart surgery. Cardiac rehabilitation program in the hospital can often help you get better at your daily tasks. It may ease your symptoms and give you a sense of well-being.
Structure of CR Program
- Exercise program- varies from a structured, monitored program to a more independent, less monitored program
- Educational classes on lifestyle changes and disease management
Phase of Cardiac Rehabilitation
After cardiac procedures the cardiac rehab phase 1 starts and patients are treated in IPD and then follow-ups are performed in OPD of physiotherapy department. There is extensive counselling and education of patients regarding their lifestyle modification and along with counselling session there are smoking cessation sessions too. The cardiac rehab phase 2 starts immediately after hospitalization and typically comprises of 36 sessions which are telemetry monitored exercise sessions. Afterwards the cardiac rehab phase 3 starts and it contains further training sessions to prevent future heart events
Candidates for Cardiac Rehab program
The cardiac rehab is beneficial for those who have certain heart conditions or have had certain heart procedures. It includes following. Cardiac rehabilitation at PIC typically includes a 12- week, 36-session program.
- Angioplasty or stenting
- Post CABG
- Valve replacement surgeries
- Pediatric surgeries – VSD/ASD Closure, TOF repair.
Advanced Rehabilitation Services
Our advanced rehabilitation services at PIC offer comprehensive and individualized rehabilitation programs for its patients. Our rehabilitation programs meet International Quality Standards such as ISO.
Our rehabilitation team is highly trained and well equipped to work with sophisticated equipment. We provide an interdisciplinary team approach that includes consultations from doctors, nurses, physical therapists, and dieticians. The entire team is determined to achieve each patient’s treatment goals. Each treatment program is designed to alleviate patients’ pain or discomfort, improve functional status and minimize the psychological effects of illnesses.
Facilities & Equipment
The facilities necessary to provide cardiac rehabilitation services in our department are:
- Dedicated staff and area for cardiac rehabilitation OPD.
- An exercise area, centrally air-conditioned, furnished with seats, LED display, state of the art equipment, patient cubicles, high-quality modalities, crash cart, and oxygen cylinder.
- The highlight of our department is the installation of a Telemetry System which allows continuous monitoring of a patient’s health condition, as well as insight into their medical history, thus improving the efficiency of physical therapy care through more effective time management. This allows a quicker response time to any risks to a patient's life or health, which improves the quality of healthcare services.
Equipment in our rehabilitation area includes:
- Bicycle ergometer
- Stationary bicycle
- Ultrasound Machine
- Short wave diathermy
- TENS and EMS unit
- Hydro collator and chilling unit.
Apart from Cardiac Rehabilitation our department of also offers following services and we have team of specialized physiotherapists:
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
- Neurological rehabilitation.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation.
- Sports Injury rehabilitation
Dr. Waqas Ahmed